Solid skincare is the key to a glowing complexion, but have you ever gotten stumped on when to use the products in your medicine cabinet? We have! And while using clean, quality products is the first step of healthy skin, the order of what we apply actually makes a huge difference. Products are created to be absorbed in a certain way, and adding them to your face incorrectly could diminish their benefits. Below is a full breakdown of what to apply and when for a flawless face. This is what we recommend, but be sure to assess your own skin type and issues to choose what works best for you.
- Step 1: Cleanser. Get rid of the day and build-up—dirt, pollution, makeup—that comes with it.
- Step 2: Toner. This can help open up pores and get skin prepped for the goodness you're about to apply…
- Step 3: Specialized treatment. If you have a pimple, sun damage, or other issue, now is a good time to use anything specialized like a spot treatment.
- Step 4: Serum. Again, this will depend on what you're looking to focus on, but address the extra step of attention here. We personally love brightening serums full of Vitamin C.
- Step 5: Eye cream. Counteract wrinkles and dark circles by applying eye cream everywhere that sunglasses cover—usually under-eye up to eyebrows—but not too close to your actual eye.
- Step 6: Moisturize. This might change depending on the weather and go from lotion to oil, but now is the time to hydrate. We love OSEA Face Cream or Baobab oil.