Start to Finish: 4 hours 10 minutes Servings: 40Difficulty Level: Beginner
A jungle juice cocktail is all about fun, and there are no rules. A concoction of flavored liqueurs, fruit juices and hard liquor, the best jungle juice is without a doubt strong, yet maintains a fruity taste. It is often served at large gatherings, such as a college parties. This 4-gallon recipe results in a blue-colored jungle juice for a tropical theme.
- 10 apples, cubed
- 10 oranges, sliced
- 1 large watermelon, flesh seeded and chopped
Liqueurs and Liquor
- 1 1/2 gallons vodka
- 1/2 gallon white rum
- 1 quart tequila
- 1 quart Triple Sec
- 1 quart Peach Schnapps
- 1/2 gallon tropical juice — any mixed fruit drink
- 1/2 gallon Hawaiian punch
- 1/2 gallon Sprite
Added for Color
- 1 bottle Blue Curacao, to color
Add the fruits to a 5-gallon cooler followed by the liquors and liqueurs, except for the Blue Curacao. Let the fruits absorb the alcohol for 4 hours; the watermelons will absorb the most.
Add the fruit juices. Stir the jungle juice while slowly pouring in the Blue Curacao until you get your desired shade of blue.
- Adding ice will eventually water down the jungle juice. Do not add ice to the jungle juice; rather, keep ice nearby and add a few cubes to the serving glass.
- Use a cooler with a cover and dispenser to reduce the chances of drink spiking.
- Preferably, plan ahead and let the jungle juice sit overnight before serving.