We all know by now that yoga has amazing benefits for both the mind and body. There is a great balance between strength and flexiblity that works together to create clear energy channels in the body. Combine that with matching your movement to your breath, and you are well on your way to a healthy, vibrant day. Watch the video for the complete how-to and notes below for alignment and breathing cues!
Here are some key instructions:
This is your “Vinyasa Transition” for the sequence –
- Stand tall at the front of the mat, inhale your arms up and exhale to hinge forward with a flat back.
- Inhale to lengthen your spine. Exhale to plant your palms on the mat and step back to plank pose.
- Lower halfway down with elbows hugging in, then inhale into upward facing dog.
- Exhale, tuck your toes into downward facing dog.
Here is the sequence – make sure you practice both legs, we are only demonstrating the right leg first:
- Plant your right foot in between your hands for a high lunge. Inhale to lift your torso, then exhale to plant your hands down.
- Step your right foot into warrior 2 with heel-to-arch alignment in the feet. Exhale to reverse warrior for a great side body stretch.
- Straighten the front leg and extend into triangle pose. Move back into warrior 2 for a few breaths.
- Flow through another vinyasa transition
- From one legged down dog, exhale right knee to nose. Inhale back up & exhale knee to right tricep. Inhale back up & exhale knee to left tricep.
- Exhale the foot in between the hands. Straighten the front leg and with a long spine, fold forward.
- Place your back knee on the mat to stretch the hip flexor. Straighten the front leg & fold to stretch hamstring.
- Flow through one last vinyasa!
- Flow or step to seated and fold. NAMASTE!
Share this yoga tutorial with your friends by clicking the social links above!
*Made with Sam Negrin, resident LEAF-girl & founder of All Good Health.