This dish is a delicious reminder that winter squash season is one of the best times of year. The sweetness of the acorn squash coupled with the savory wild rice stuffing is a marriage that everyone will celebrate. It's easy to make in advance and warm up for a solo week night dinner or prep for a weekend dinner party.
Here's how it's done:
- Olive oil
- Handful of curly kale
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 medium-sized acorn squash
- Parmesan cheese, to top (optional)
- In a pan over medium-heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, kale, leek, raw walnuts and wild rice. Cook until kale wilt and leeks are fragrant.
- Turn off heat, add bread crumbs. Let sit.
- Halve the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds, bake at 350 for 40 minutes (or until fork-tender).
- Scoop mixture and place on top of squash half, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!