If you're looking for an incredible meal that's as delicious as it is impressive, you've found it. This dish comes barging in with a homemade walnut pesto and perfectly cooked, juicy pork roast. So Super Sam, an LA-based DJ doubling as a fabulous chef, shows us how to make it with only 7 ingredients in as little as 45 minutes. It's a great entree for holiday parties, special birthday dinners or a fancy way to impress the beau.
Here's how you make it:
- Good piece of pork
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 3 cups basil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl, add 1 cup of water with coarse salt
- Add 2 quarts of very cold water and ice.
- Add pork to the mixture
- Cover & refrigerate for 12-24 hours
2. MAKE PESTO
- In a food processor, pack: basil, walnuts, garlic cloves, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 tsp coarse salt & 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper.
- Pulse, and leave mixture chunky!
- Transfer to a bowl and add parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Discard brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Butterfly the pork (so it lays open like a book)
- Coat with pesto & fold over
- *Cut 8 pieces of cooking string and tie around pork
- For 30-40 minutes, until thermometer reads 135 degrees
- Cut strings, top with remaining pesto and slice into 1/2" servings
Bookmark this page to add it to your holiday menu! Show us how yours turned out by tagging us on Instagram using #LEAFtv