We are huge fans of quinoa. The texture and consisteny provides the comfort of a starchy carb like rice or couscous, but in reality it's a seed that happens to be a complete protein. Quinoa is a big source of protein for vegetarians and vegans. This salad is a healthy, satisfying bowl of energy. It's a great lunch option, especially because it travels well.
Here's how you make it:
- Add quinoa to a pot with 2 cups of water over medium-high heat
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until water is absorbed
- In a bowl, add: tomatoes, red onion, avocado, black beans, hemp seeds and freeze-dried corn
- In another bowl, add: olive oil, lemon juice and S + P then mix
- Add the quinoa to the veggie mix
- Then add dressing and toss together
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!