One of the most common "wellness practices" at our office is a warm mug of green tea right after lunch. It's a great way to digest, beat your afternoon slump and boasts tons of other health benefits that cannot go unnoticed. It's a great energy-boosting alternative to your third cup of coffee at 2 PM, too!
More benefits of green tea below:
- High In Antioxidants: Includes the most potent antioxidant, ECGC, to protect the body
- Improves Physical Performance: Increases fat burning and boosts your metabolic rate (great pre-workout!)
- Improves Brain Function: Contains bioactive compounds known to help with memory and mental health
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Improves insulin sensitivity, helping to reduce blood sugar levels & decrease risk of diabetes
TIPS FOR BREWING GREEN TEA:
- Start with cold, fresh water that has not been previously boiled
- Heat the water just before boiling, until the temperature reaches between 160-180°F
- Steep the tea for 1-3 minutes (the longer you boil, the stronger the taste)
- Remove the leaves and ENJOY!
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!