Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we're sharing healthy, nutrient-dense recipes to compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl. This salad is layered with delicious, fresh flavors and takes less than 15 minutes to make. It's a healthy week night dinner made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. The red cabbage is a firm base that's filling yet lower in kcals than rice or couscous.
Here's how it's done...
- 1/4 cup black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 tsp chicken broth
- 1/2 cup firm tofu (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh salsa
- 2 tbsp nonfat
- Greek yogurt
- Spring onions, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Garlic powder
- In a small bowl, add black beans, chicken broth and a pinch of each cumin, cayenne and garlic powder. Microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan, then add the tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (until golden).
- In your serving bowl, add: cabbage, black bean mixture, tofu, salsa, Greek yogurt and top with spring onions and cilantro.
Share this link with your friends by clicking the social links above!