This is not your ordinary portobello burger. It’s rich in flavor, super satisfying and easy to whip up for your vegetarian friends. Portobello mushrooms and sunlight are both über rich in vitamin D, so invite some friends over – and get your nutrients in!
– 1/4 cup mayonnaise
– 1/2 cup PESTO
– 4 portobello mushrooms, stemmed & de-gilled
– Ciabatta buns
– Roasted red peppers
– Provolone cheese
1. Mix mayo and pesto
2. Coat 4 mushrooms with olive oil, salt and pepper
3. Drizzle olive oil on ciabatta buns and grill on medium heat, cut side down
4. Grill mushrooms round side up (4 mins) then flip mushrooms & grill until tender (about 4 mins)
5. Spread pesto on each bun
6. Add 1 mushroom per bun
7. Add roasted red peppers, arugula and provolone cheese
8. BON APETIT!