If you're on Instagram at all, you have probably come across one, or twenty, stunning #smoothiebowl shots. This is for good reason other than likes; Making a smoothie is one of the best ways to add an incredible amount of nutritional value to your daily diet.
You can sneak in loads of super foods, greens, berries, vitamins and minerals. If you have time, smoothie bowls are a great way to add a fun textural element and a lot of creativity. This recipe is one of our favorites for a great energy boost and bright, glowing skin. Here's how it's done:
Ingredients for smoothie:
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp honey
Ingredients to top:
- Fresh sliced strawberries
- Chia seeds
- Shaved coconut
- Chopped almonds
- Goji berries
- Edible flowers
- Blend the spinach, chia seeds and almond milk
- Add the banana, berries and honey, then blend again
- Get creative and design the toppings for an über healthy, insta-worthy bowl!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!