When we saw these sweet potato brownies on Deliciously Ella, we knew we had to give them a try. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and full of healthy nutrient-dense ingredients. No simple sugars or additives – they are the perfect, guilt-free summer treat. Make an extra take-home batch for your friends this weekend, you’re gonna need it! Here’s how you make them:
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
14 pitted medjool dates
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
2/3 cup ground almonds
4 tbsp raw cacao powder
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1. Steam sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, until fork-tender
2. In a blender, mix: sweet potatoes & medjool dates, blend until smooth
3. In a bowl, mix: buckwheat flour, almonds, cacao powder, maple syrup & salt
4. Add the sweet potato mix to the bowl and mix well
5. Add mixture to a baking dish lined with parchment paper
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes
7. Allow to fully cool, cut into squares, and ENJOY!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!