Tis the season for hosting and attending holiday parties, entertaining everyone from family and friends to co-workers… and you need easy, fun dishes to keep in your back pocket. This recipe is in our holiday feast series: Wholesome, delicious and portable! Inspired by this recipe from Love & Lemons, comes our festive sweet potato tacos. Sweet potato and squash varieties are well-received in the fall/winter months, making this the perfect easy dish for holiday parties (or any party). Assemble at your house, set up a taco bar, or bring all the fixing's over to your friends. Gather around and ENJOY!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small avocado
- Corn tortillas
- Black beans
- Avocado, for tacos
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, olive oil, chile power, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins at 400 (until soft).
- In a blender, add: greek yogurt, garlic clove, pinch of sea salt, lime juice and avocado. Blend until creamy.
- Assemble tacos or assemble them at the hostess' house! Just bring: corn tortillas, black beans, avocado, scallions, feta cheese along with the sweet potato and avocado yogurt sauce.
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!