Whether it's Thanksgiving or friday night, corn bread alongside dinner is always a crowd-pleaser. This recipe, brought to you by Aliza Sokolow, takes only an hour to whip up, including prep and cook time. The cast-iron skillet presentation makes it look much harder than it really is, we promise.
Here's how it's done:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 oz green chili peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Honey, optional (to top)
- In a large bowl, mix: flour, corn meal, salt and baking powder.
- Over medium heat, melt butter and pour into a separate mixing bowl. Add: sugar, creamed corn, green chili peppers, eggs (one by one) and cheese.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Using a pre-heated cast-iron skillet, pour batter and bake at 300 degrees F for 30-45 minutes (until golden brown).
- Drizzle honey and ENJOY!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!