Beets are one of the most nutrient-dense root vegetables we can get our hands on. They have an incredible amount of health benefits - such as vitamin c, potassium and fiber - which are all essential for healthy bones and liver function. Besides throwing your beets in the juicer or in a smoothie, they are a sweet addition to salads and make for an addicting party dip!
This recipe is a kid-friendly, party-pleasing WIN.
- 3 medium-sized beets, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Sea salt
- Throw your beets in a large pot with water and boil for about 40 minutes, until fork-tender
- Once they're cool, peel the skin away (it does not have to be perfect!)
- Add to a food processor with walnuts, agave, and a pinch of sea salt
- Blend well, then after about 10 seconds, add the filtered water
- Blend again until creamy
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of flaky sea salt
This recipe is adopted from Ruby Roth's latest cookbook: _The Help Yourself Cookbook for Kids: 60 Easy Plant-Based Recipes Kids Can Make to Stay Healthy and Save the Earth_, available here!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!