Mac and cheese is a traditionally glutinous dish, but with help from wellness expert Sophie Jaffe of Philosophie Love, this recipe manages to turn the dish into a nutrient-dense super food powerhouse. The cashews and nutritional yeast create the cheesy flavor we all know and love, while using quinoa pasta for a more nutritious alternative to white pasta. You can make this for dinner any night of the week for a completely guilt-free comfort meal.
Here's how it's done:
1 box of quinoa pasta (elbows) 2 carrots 1 small sweet potato 1/2 cup onion 1 cup vegetable stock 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (we used almond) 1/2 cup cashews (soaked overnight & drained) 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice 3 tbsp nutritional yeast 1 tsp Philosophie green dream protein powder 2 tsp garlic powder Salt & pepper to taste Dash of paprika Sun-dried tomatoes to top, optional Pine nuts to top, optional
- Cook the quinoa pasta according to the box directions and set aside.
- Roughly chop the carrots, sweet potato and onion. Then add to a large pot covered with water, bring to a boil and cook until veggies are fork-tender.
- In a high-speed blender, add: tender veggies (they should still be hot to warm up the sauce), vegetable stock, non-dairy milk, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Philosophie green dream, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Blend well & drizzle over quinoa pasta.
- Top with anything you like - we chose sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. ENJOY!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!