Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we’re sharing healthy, nutrient-dense recipes to compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, resident LEAF girl (@samnegrin).
Avocado-stuffed-anything is pretty much our jam (see here and here). This easy meal is full of healthy fats and protein--it's especially good post-workout. If you don't like shrimp, you can use chicken or any type of fish you like. Dish your favorite avocado-stuffed recipes in the comments below!
Here's the recipe:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 5-6 peeled & deveined shrimp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Halve 1 avocado and scrape the meat into a small bowl, leaving a thin layer.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-heat, add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic, flip the shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the olive oil, garlic and shrimp into the bowl with the avocado. Season with salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Pour back into avocado shells & ENJOY!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!