If you’re having a Halloween party this year, this project is a MUST. Consider it ‘elevated pumpkin decor’ that does more than just sit on your porch, but serves as an ice bucket and pop (or beer) cooler. The dry ice makes this DIY extra perfect for a spooky Halloween soirée. It’s completely worth the extra work! Here’s how it’s done:
Large pumpkin + Bowl that fits inside
1. Measure bucket placement & mark
2. Use elastic to create a line & trace
3. Carefully cut off top of the pumpkin
4. Scoop out all of the flesh and seeds
5. Add bucket & line with foil
6. Chop off dry ice (read instructions & be careful not to touch with your hands!), and add large chunks of dry ice to bucket
7. Add regular ice
8. Add beverages
9. Pour 1/2 cup water over, until dry ice activates
Note: The measurement of the bucket and pumpkin must be accurate in order for the bowl to fit inside and hold your beverages. We bought the pumpkin (the biggest one we could find) first, then the bowl.
Share this DIY with your friends by clicking the social links above!