This video is part of our Moroccan-themed dinner party with twofoldLA! This pudding is both floral and decadent with a really impressive presentation; a luxurious dessert option for special occasions (Valentine's Day, anyone?!). It's much easier to make than you would think, and can be made ahead of time to reduce any stress around your dinner plans.
Here's how it's done:
2 cups milk 6 tbsp cornstarch 1/2 tbsp rose water + 1/2 tbsp 1/2 cup whipping cream 1/2 cup sugar + 3/4 cup 1/8 tsp red food coloring Toasted pistachios, roughly chopped Shredded coconut Baby roses, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, cornstarch, and 1/2 tbsp rose water until the cornstarch dissolves completely
- In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of milk, whipping cream, and sugar to a simmer over medium-heat
- Whisk in the cornstarch mixture, then stir constantly until the pudding thickens (approximately 4 minutes)
- Pour the pudding into 4-5 oz serving dishes, then let cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Bring 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water to a boil, then stir in 1/2 tbsp rose water and red food coloring—simmer to thicken
- Top each pudding with rose water syrup, toasted pistachios, shredded coconut and baby roses
Twofold is an LA-based client-centered boutique firm offering services in lifestyle & interior design - learn more here.