Fall is our favorite, not only because of chunky scarves and layers, but because it is officially soup season. It’s the time of year to come home at night and enjoy a warming, healthy dish that requires minimal heavy-lifting. Anything that simmers on it’s own for 30 minutes and allows for some wind-down time is a win in our book.
Sweet potatoes are a major source of beta-carotene (vitamin A), vitamin C and manganese – all of which are amazing for skin, hair and bone health. This recipe could not be easier, and it has major flavor. Here’s how it’s done:
1 lb sweet potato
2 large shallots
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups chicken stock
Greek yogurt (optional)
TIP: Make this vegan by using vegetable stock and omitting the yogurt.
1. Peel 1 lb sweet potato & cut into 1 1/2-inch thick cubes
2. Peel 2 large shallots & cut lengthwise
3. In a large bowl, add: sweet potato, shallots, olive oil, thyme, cumin & salt
4. Spread evenly on a baking sheet & roast at 450 for 25 mins
5. Over medium heat, add chicken stock & heat until steamy
6. Add sweet potatoes to chicken stock
7. Remove from heat & blend with an immersion blender until smooth
8. Plate & top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, coarse salt & pepper
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!