Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we're sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
Whoever discovered overnight oats and/or chia pudding is a serious life-saver. You can basically throw any of your favorite flavor profiles into a mason jar (chocolate, berry, vanilla, chai, etc.) overnight and have a perfect Insta-worthy breakfast ready for you in the morning.
Entering October, we thought it was only appropriate to create a little pumpkin spice recipe to celebrate the new season. This recipe has a great amount of protein, fiber and healthy fat to start your day. Plus, loads of Vitamin A from the pumpkin and will help balance your blood sugar with the addition of cinnamon. Here's how it's done:
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp organic pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Drizzle of maple syrup (to taste, start small)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Chopped pecans
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- In a bowl, add: oats, chia seeds, pumpkin purée, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, top with chopped pecans and orange zest
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!