We are huge fans of shopping local and shopping what’s in season. When you eat produce that is at it’s peak you are getting the most bang for your buck on flavor, nutrition and environmental benefits. Head to your local farmer’s market this weekend and stock up on November’s best ingredients, and share what your creations are on Instagram tagging @LEAFtv! Here is your guide to November’s best ingredients:
- Winter Squash: Perfect roasted & in soups (like acorn, spaghetti, butternut, kabocha, delicata)
- Root Vegetables: Like beets & carrots, perfect in salads & soups
- Leafy Greens: Like kale, collard & mustard greens, perfect in salads & juices
- Fennel: Perfect with chicken, fish or as a side dish
- Fall Fruits: Like apples & pears, perfect in salads, pies and as snacks
Share this list with your friends by clicking the social links above!