Matcha lattes are popping up everywhere in the wellness scene, for good reason. This beautifully-bright green coffee alternative is a highly concentrated powder derived from green tea, popular in Japanese culture. Because matcha is a very pure and powerful, buying a latte at your local cafe can run you from $4-7 per cup. That's why we decided to make it ourselves, and it turned out delicious.
Here's how it's done:
- High in antioxidants, especially catechin EGCg, which is widely recognized for its cancer-fighting properties.
- Boosts memory, concentration, endurance & overall energy due to L-Theanine.
- Helps boost metabolism and burn fat.
1 tsp matcha 2 tsp hot water 1 tsp raw honey (or to taste) Almond milk
- In your mug, add matcha and hot water. Whisk together until well-combined and smooth
- Stir in honey (or other sweetener)
- Heat up almond milk, froth (if you have a frother) or put the contents in a blender to get that frothy consistency
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!