Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we're sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
Mindless snacking at work is one of the biggest causes of weight gain as we get older. But, snacking isn't necessarily the problem—unhealthy choices are! No matter if you're at work or in school, chances are there is an area full of Chex Mix, pretzels, fruit (with lots of dirty hands on it) and more.
No worries—we put together 3 incredibly simple snacks that you can opt for with loads of nutritional value to energize and sustain you all day. Each snack is just a few ingredients (i.e. inexpensive) and travels well. Which is your favorite?!
- 1 apple (your favorite variety)
- Peanut butter, or almond butter
- Gluten-free oats
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Slice apples about 1/4" thick
- Top 1 half with about 1 tsp peanut butter
- Sprinkle oats and coconut flakes, top with cinnamon
- Top with another apple slice & sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Rinse, drain and pat dry your garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas)
- Drizzle olive oil and add your seasonings
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 425 for 15-18 mins (until firm not burnt)
Hummus & Crudité
- Pumpkin seeds
- Carrots, peeled & sliced
- Celery, sliced
- Cucumber, seeded & sliced
- Add hummus to the bottom of a cup or mason jar
- Add about 2 tbsp tahini and top with pumpkin seeds
- Add your veggies and nosh!
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!