'Tis the season for hosting and attending holiday parties, entertaining everyone from family and friends to co-workers… and you need easy, fun dishes to keep in your back pocket. This recipe is in our holiday feast series: Wholesome, delicious and portable!
Looking for a healthy dish to bring to this year's holiday parties? This simple kale salad is filled with fall and winter flavors like brussels sprouts and pomegranate, while having loads of flavor from back-to-basics ingredients like white wine vinegar and fresh ricotta cheese. It's easy to bring to the hostess' house, or whip up a huge batch for your own soirée. Plus, it's a great balance to the mashed potatoes and stuffing!
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large bunch of curly kale
- Handful of brussels sprouts
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Olive oil
- 2 oz fresh ricotta
- In a small bowl, add shallot, white wine vinegar, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- De-stem and chop 1 large bunch of curly kale. Add the dressing to kale and massage for 1-2 mins, to soften the leaves.
- Thinly slice brussels sprouts and add to kale mix.
- Plate kale/brussels, then drizzle olive oil on top. Add the pomegranate seeds and ricotta. Enjoy!
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!