Ditch the dry cleaners – we’re showing you how to wash your cashmere at home. This method, done right, is guaranteed to leave your clothes the 3 C’s: comfy, cozy & CLEAN!
1. Fill sink with medium warm water
2. Add delicate wool or cashmere soap, according to bottle (you can even use baby shampoo!)
3. Gently swish water to incorporate soap
4. On a clean, white washcloth, test fabric to see if the color bleeds
5. If it doesn’t, add a little more hot water. If it does, add a little more cold water
TIP: If you’re washing multiple articles, begin with lightest pieces first
6. Submerge in water until totally wet – gently swirl for 2-5 mins (the longer you wash, the more the color will fade, so keep track of time!)
7. Drain water & refill sink with cold water
8. Swirl until soap is gone (you might need to repeat this a couple of times)
9. Drain sink then gently roll into a loose ball
10. Press down to drain water, re-roll & repeat several times
11. On a hard surface, lay out a fluffy towel then place wet sweater flat on the towel
12. Roll towel gently & squeeze – repeat as needed
13. Let sweater dry, flat out, on a mesh surface or rack
SO FRESH & SO CLEAN!