Does the thought of handling a whole fish, eyes and all, creep you out? We know how you feel. Until… culinary genius, Aliza of The Poppyseed Agency, showed us how it’s done. We promise, it’s not that scary!
1. Rinse inside and out
2. Descale with back of knife
3. Pat dry with paper towel
4. With a sharp knife, cut off head and tail
5. Find the backbone and slice the fish from head to tip while pressing down & away from the backbone
6. After initial slice, free meat from the backbone
7. Repeat on other side
8. Smooth out the filets to make sure they are free of bones
9. GO FISH!