Welcome to Fit Kitchen - where we're sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
You're probably stuffed from Thanksgiving and told yourself you were going on a juice cleanse, but rest-assured... these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are completely GUILT-FREE. They are made with oat flour, honey and a very small amount of brown sugar. We know that "healthy baking" can sometimes result in really dense and dry food, but these are the epitome of a healthy baking success. Moist and delicious!
Watch how to whip them up above, and read below for optional subsitutions:
1 cup 100% pumpkin puree
2 tbsp honey 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup + 1/2 tbsp oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Don't like pumpkin? Use 2 very ripe bananas + Vegan? Use a flax egg (1 tbsp flax + 3 tbsp water - chill for 15 mins) + No pumpkin pie spice? Omit it! + Vegan/Low Sugar? Use carob chips
- In a small bowl, add: pumpkin pie puree, honey, brown sugar, vanilla extract and the egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add: oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients then fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly among muffin tins (makes 6-9) and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.
- Enjoy warm!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!