We teamed up with Honeysuckle Catering to share this incredible, 100% homemade donut recipe. They're super easy to make with the slightest hints of earl grey and citrus--they have a simple decadent flavor that all of your friends will love. Plus, they're baked... not fried, so they're healthier: Right?
1 1/4 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 earl grey tea bag 2/3 cup melted coconut oil 1/2 cup lukewarm whole milk 1 egg 1/2 tsp white vinegar 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp orange zest + 1 tsp 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 3 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, sugar, baking soda and earl grey tea
- Mix wet ingredients in a large bowl: coconut oil, whole milk, egg, white vinegar, vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp orange zest
- Combine wet and dry ingredients well
- Pour batter into a piping bag and carefully squeeze into a greased donut pan
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes
- Create the orange glaze in a small bowl: powdered sugar, orange juice and leftover 1/2 tsp orange zest. Stir until smooth
- Allow donuts to completely cool--dip them into the glaze & place on a cooling rack
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!