Sore muscles are a good thing, it means you're working hard! But just like putting gas in your car, it's essential to fuel your body up again after a tough workout. That means internally and externally: 1) Eating the right things and, 2) Using the right topical treatments on your skin, which your body directly absorbs. This post-gym bath bomb recipe inspired by Free People is absolutely fantastic. . . Arnica oil has been used in athletes training regimes for centuries because of it's ability to relieve inflammation, ease joints and reduce swelling. This, coupled with the muscle-relaxing epsom salts, will have you back in the gym in no-time. The citric acid and baking soda help dissolve dirt and sweat to clear pores, while bentonite clay detoxes the entirety of the skin's surface. #winning!
- 4 oz baking soda
- 4 oz citric acid
- 8 oz epsom salt
- 1 tbsp bentonite clay
- 4-5 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp arnica oil (such as weleda's massage oil, it should not be pure but distilled with other oils)
- 15 drops essential oil, we used lavender
- Combine all ingredients really well
- On a deep cookie sheet (or specific bath bomb molds), add the mixture and press down firmly so everything is packed in tightly
- Freeze for at least 4 hours
- Throw in the bath and enjoy!
These will last a few months, store in an airtight container*
Share this DIY with your friends by clicking the social links above!