Why throw away your old over-worn jeans, when you can turn them into chic cut-off shorts? Denim cut-offs are always on trend, a definite closet staple. We teamed up with Sophie Monet to show you how to make them, JIT for festival season and warm weather!
Here's how you do it:
- Old Jeans
- Wood block or rock
- Mark desired length
- Lay jeans on flat surface
- Use a ruler to create a straight line over your mark
- Using scissors (or a fabric roller cutter), cut along chalk line
- Fold jeans in half, cut other leg
- For a distressed look, wrap sandpaper around block
- Rub! Left and right, up and down, round and round!
- Throw in washer, remove from dryer
- Voila, you've got fringe! *For 60's style-denim short, roll bottoms!
Share this DIY with your friends by clicking the social links above, and snapping a pic of your final product on Instagram tagging #LEAFtv!