This recipe comes from New York Times bestselling author, Julie Morris, from her cookbook: Superfood Soups. This cozy soup is completely plant-based and loaded with flavor, marrying together thyme, garlic, basil, kelp granules and a bay leaf for good measure. It's easy to make and sneaks in so many good-for-you ingredients. Here's how it's made:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or dried thyme)
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 lbs zucchini, trimmed & sliced thin
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp kelp granules
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Warm olive oil on a large saucepan over medium-heat. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Stir occasionally until softened, about 5 mins.
- Add bay leaf, zucchini, vegetable broth and kelp granules. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 10 mins.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Then add hemp seeds and basil leaves.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Garnish with olive oil and basil.
Don't forget to use the social links above to share this recipe with friends!