Just because it's fall doesn't mean ice cream season is over... it's honestly always ice cream season at our office. This year, we're tweaking our usual habit for a healthier option. Homemade, vegan, full of coconut and pumpkin health benefits. Yes, you can still get some health benefits out of dessert. Here's how it's made:
- 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1 level cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot
- Stir over low-heat until the sugar dissolves
- Transfer to a bowl and freeze for 1 1/2 hours
- In an ice cream maker, churn for 10-15 minutes
- Top with candied walnuts and ground ginger snaps
Editor's Note: If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can blend the frozen mixture in a high-speed blender. It won't have the same consistency but the amazing flavors will be there!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!