There's nothing better than a lazy weekend morning complete with coffee and french toast. This is a super simple classic recipe that you can whip up in minutes. Feel free to add some new flavor profiles (like nutmeg or citrus zest), fresh fruit, and maybe even whipped cream.
Here's how it's done:
3 eggs ½ cup milk ¼ cup sugar ¼ cup maple syrup ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon--mix until sugar dissolves
- Soak bread for 1 minute on a lined baking sheet
- Melt 1/2 tbsp butter on medium-low heat
- Cook the bread for 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Wipe out pan in-between servings & re-butter
- Drizzle warm maple syrup and sprinkle powdered sugar