Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we're sharing healthy, nutrient-dense recipes to compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
We're re-working an old childhood favorite into a healthier gluten-free, mostly vegan option--because Sunday morning can still mean sleeping in and pancakes fit into your wellness routine! All you need to do is throw the ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender, and you're done. This recipe is adapted from 4th & Heart. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 3 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Ghee (we love this Madagascar vanilla bean one!)
- Add oats and baking soda to a food processor and blend until it's a flour consistency.
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup and banana and blend again. Then fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Add 1/2 tbsp ghee to a skillet on medium-high heat. Once warm, pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet and let cook--flip once soft bubbles form.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, adorn with berries, and ENJOY!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!