No matter if you’re vegetarian or simply looking to cut down on your meat consumption, these veggie meatballs from wellness expert Sophie Jaffe, of Philosophie Love, are going to be your new favorite. These “meatballs” don’t skimp on flavor, between the spices and nutritional yeast… you might even prefer them over your usual suspect. Throw the ingredients in the blender, cook them up and voilá! It’s as easy as that. Here’s how it’s done:
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 cup walnuts
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 tbsp Philosophie green dream protein powder
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried marjoram
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 tsp paprika
2/3 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1/3 cup cooked lentils
Juice of 1/4 lemon
Salt & pepper
- In a small pan, add coconut oil, yellow onion and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until fragrant, not burnt.
- In a high-speed blender, add: onion & garlic mix, egg, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, rolled oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, green dream powder, sun-dried tomatoes, dried oregano, dried marjoram, fresh basil, paprika, chickpeas, lentils, lemon juice and S + P. Blend well.
- With an ice cream scoop, portion out dough into bite-sized balls. Lay onto a flat surface without overlapping.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and carefully cook meatballs 3-4 mins per side, until golden.
- Serve over pasta with your favorite sauce!
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!