In the world of winter soups, this recipe inspired by the New York Times is at the TOP of the charts. Not only is it super nutritious (and vegan), it's easy to make and keeps well for a couple days in the fridge. Pair it with a slice of your favorite bread and you have the ultimate comfort meal.
Here's how it's done:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled & diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp white miso
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Smoked chili powder
- Coarse salt
- Olive oil, to finish
- In a large pot over medium-heat, add: olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots, water, salt and miso. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and coriander. Reduce to medium-low heat and cook, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Then add lemon zest and juice.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil, smoked chili powder, coarse salt and cilantro.
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!