Between the flaky layers of crust, sweet almond frangipane and thinly sliced apples, this simple dessert is a holiday party win. It's just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy, without turning over for your post-Thanksgiving nap. Aliza Sokolow is showing you how to make it step-by-step. Here's how it's done:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- Roll out one sheet of thawed puff pastry, place onto the pie pan and rim the edges, pinch the excess over the rim.
- In a large bowl, add: almond meal, sugar, salt, eggs, almond extract, vanilla extract, melted butter.
- Pour mixture on top of pastry, then place thinly sliced apples in a pretty design.
- Bake for 30 mins at 350
- Heat apricot jam on low, until liquified. Gently pour over tart.
Share this recipe with your friends by clicking the social links above!