Let's face it: There are some things that happen in the kitchen that are nothing less than annoying. Crying from an onion, hardened brown sugar? We got pretty fed up, so we decided to research a few life hacks to help us figure it out.
Here are 7 of our new staple kitchen practices:
- Tears From An Onion: Rub white vinegar over your chopping board
- Can't Open A Bottle: Add 1 rubber band on the body and 1 on the lid, twist!
- Is This Egg Good? Gently drop in a glass filled with water, if it sinks, get crackin'!
- Naturally Disinfect Your Chopping Board: Cover with kosher salt & firmly rub with half a lemon, rinse!
- Can't Peel An Egg? Add 1 tsp of baking soda to cold water, bring to a boil then take off heat and let sit for 12 minutes (crack & go!)
- Keep Sugar Soft: Add a couple of large marshmallows to the mix
- Keep Your Wine Chilled: Freeze frozen grapes in advance then add to your glass (they don't dilute your drink!)