If you’ve been following us for awhile, you know we’re all about CLEAN, nontoxic beauty and skincare brands (ahem, Coconut Oil 7 Ways). There are so many chemicals loaded into generic beauty products, see the top 10 we listed out here, that can actually be absorbed by your skin and entered into your bloodstream. If we’re conscious about what we’re eating, we need to be conscious about what we’re putting on our bodies, too. Here is a list of clean beauty swaps you should make for your bathroom in 2017:
- Chapstick: Steer clear of highly toxic chemicals found in most chapsticks, such as parabens. We love Erbaviva.
- Deodorant: Always avoid aluminum compounds, which have been linked to deathly diseases like breast cancer. We love No-Tox Life!
- Face Cleanser: Generic face washes use harsh chemicals that strip your skin of natural oils.
- Moisturizer: Another toxic chemical commonly found in moisturizers is BHA.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste: Help you environment with a sustainable bamboo toothbrush and have a fluoride-free healthy mouth!
- Floss: Clean hard-to-reach places with non-toxic, wax-free floss.
- Tampons: Organic tampons are the only ones bleach and BPA-free!
GUESS WHAT! All of these products come in month 3 of The Year Of Wellness subscription box, PURE, for just $60/month! Subscribe here.