Right now, the chances that your legs are crossed and you are slouching over your chair are extremely high. Working at computers, sitting on our phones and even simply driving in the car, can be the onset of many terrible habits for our bodies that we should be aware of. Simple movements like consistently leaning to one hip and over-extending the neck can cause physical issues as we age, so let's stop them now!
Here are 7 actions you should stop doing:
- Sitting Cross-Legged: causes varicose veins & low back pain
- Crossing Arms: sends a message of uncertainty & doubt
- Leaning To One Hip: causes misalignment in hips & glutes
- Slouching: causes headaches, jaw pain & back pain (sit tall!)
- Pelvic Tilt: weakens abdominal muscles & causes strain to low back
- Neck Extension: adds 10-20 lbs of weight to the neck (bring your reading material up to you!)
- Sleeping with Arms Overhead: creates tension in upper back & shoulders
Share these tips with your friends by clicking the social links above!
*Made with Sam Negrin, resident LEAF-girl & founder of All Good Health.