A great day starts with a good night's sleep. With millions of things running through the to-do list in your head, a packed planner and calendar—it's easy to burn yourself out. Which in turn, wreaks havoc on your sleep schedule; compromising your muscle, joints, skin and under-eye bags... Not to mention your brain function (here are 7 ways to boost brain power, though). We've compiled our favorite "beauty rest" tips to help you 1) Rrrrelax, 2) fall asleep seamlessly, and 3) wake up energized.
- Aromatherapy Bath Salts: Relax your muscles and indulge in some self-care with a morning or evening bath. Be sure to pick a soak that includes some therapeutic oils and tension-relieving epsom salts. We love Amaki!
- Silk Pillowcase: Known to prevent wrinkles, reduce allergies, and keep your hair more in-tact than other fabrics after a full nights sleep. More on silk pillowcases here.
- Gratitude Journal: Focusing on what you're grateful for each day exudes inner beauty - write it down and don't be bashful!
- The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise: Being conscious and concise about your breath is one of the oldest, highly respected methods of ultimate relaxation. For this exercise: Four (4 count inhale through the nose), Seven (hold the breath for 7 counts), and Eight (exhale through the mouth for 8 counts) - repeat 4x.
- Sleep Tonic: Make a yummy night time tea with: chamomile tea, dollop of coconut oil, dash of raw honey and a splash of almond milk. (This is another good recipe)
- Aromatherapy: Lavender essential oil is said to be the perfect accompaniment to a good nights sleep.
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!