Eating healthy can seem pretty daunting—although by now, we hope that you are prepped with numerous tools and recipes to help you. If you're not, make sure you sift through our Eat Well category above and start learning (#knowledgeispower)! Making minor shifts in your everyday diet can make a huge difference in your energy levels, weight, skin and overall mood. These six updates are a great starting point to hit the ground running.
Check it out:
- Buttered Toast: Use ghee instead. Ghee is clarified butter, which means it has no milk solids or water, that gives you benefits of healthy fat without any dairy. (we love 4th & Heart!)
- Cheddar Cheese: Taco night? Use nutritional yeast instead of cheddar. The consistency might be different, but the flavor is on point; it's loaded with protein and B-complex vitamins.
- Spaghetti: Replace carb-heavy pasta with spiralized zucchini for a light meal that you can use with any sauce or additions.
- Salad Dressing: The calories and ingredients in store-bought salad dressing is often shocking, it's super easy to make your own. Just mix up some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Salad Toppings: It's easy to make your salad unhealthy, very quickly. Choose roasted almonds (that are nutrient dense) versus croutons (which are virtually empty calories).
- Sandwich Spread: Skip the mayo! Grab some mashed avocado instead.
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!