If "try surfing" is on your summer to-do list, we have you covered. We teamed up with ultimate LA surfer-babe, Jessie Snyder, to share five warm up exercises that will help you catch the wave of your life. Surfing is an incredible exercise and moving meditation, there's nothing quite like it. In order to prevent injury, make paddling out easier, and popping up on the board easier, it's essential to warm up properly. Yoga helps, and so do these five basic stretches.
- Forward Fold: Stretches your hamstrings and glutes
- Side Angle: Move your hips to the opposite direction that your arms are stretching, this stretches the side-body while contracting the obliques
- Wide Legged Forward Fold: Clasp your hands behind the back & fold from the hips, stretching your hamstrings, groin and shoulders
- Upward Facing Dog: Widen across your collarbone to open your chest, keep your hands directly below the shoulders as you stretch
- Low Lunge: Stretch into your hip flexors while grabbing the back foot, opening up your hips and quads
Share these tips with your friends by clicking the social links above!