There are a few tricks every fashion-girl needs to know when it comes to looking effortless in wardrobe staples. We took a nod from the editor’s at Harpers Bazaar for some tips on how to make “sloppy” look sophisticated. Including tricks on how to shorten your pants without the tailor and roll up your jacket sleeves without looking like a mess… winning! Here’s how:
- Pant Tuck & Roll: Grab fabric 1 or 2 inches above the hem line and tuck the remaining fabric underneath, then straighten your hem.
- The “Jenna Lyons” Sleeve Roll: Fold the sleeve in half and pull to upper arm, then roll the fold up again and stop below the cuff.
- Choose Your Tuck: 1) The Editor Shirt Tuck: Tuck one side that lays beneath the button panel,
- Choose Your Tuck: 2) The Frat Shirt Tuck: Tuck the front half and leave the back half out.
- The Jacket Sleeve Push-Up: Place a hair tie or rubber band above the elbow then gather the fabric above to a spot you like. Hide the band under one of the folds.
Share these tricks with your friends by clicking the social links above!