Welcome to Fit Kitchen – where we’re sharing easy, nutrient-dense recipes that compliment an active lifestyle, in-part with Sam Negrin, All Good Health founder & resident LEAF girl.
We all know that eating out gets both expensive and unhealthy; going out to lunch every day can cost a whopping $300 each month and over 2,000 extra calories per meal! When we cook for ourselves, we can control where the ingredients come from, every little additive used (salt, olive oil, etc.) and it’s easier to measure the bang for your buck. Lunch does not have to be boring, it’s a great time to get creative in the kitchen and organize all your favorite foods. Here are 5 steps to the ULTIMATE lunchbox:
- Storage: Find a great bento box, or mason jar, to store everything in (we used Bentgo in this video)
- Main Dish: Make a nutritious salad that stays well at room temperature (bonus if you have refigerators & microwaves available!) + pack dressing separately to prevent soggy salads
- Snacks: Pack veggies and a nutritious dip (like hummus, skip the ranch!)
- Fruit: Simple sugars that are low-caloric and will help keep energy high
- Dessert: Small piece of dark chocolate (save for later!)
BONUS! Hand wipes & reusable silverware!
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!