As you know, what you eat directly affects how your body functions. If we aren't nourishing our bodies with the right nutrients, we don't have the necessary building blocks to maintain a healthy hormone balance -- which can cause digestive issues, acne, fatigue, mood swings, depression and more. It's important to get a big dose of healthy fats, antioxidants, macronutrients and proteins every single day to balance everything out. It will also alleviate pain during your menstrual cycle! #trust
Here are 5 food groups you need to be eating:
- Healthy Fats: Like avocado and ghee! They are rich in fat-soluble vitamins that are the building blocks for hormone production.
- Dark Leafy Greens: Like kale, spinach and swiss chard - high in antioxidants!
- Nuts & Seeds: Rich in good fats & protein!
- Herbs & Spices: Garlic bulb, turmeric root, cinnamon sticks, ginger root, are all healing to our bodies and help alleviate inflammation.
- Colorful Veggies: Red & orange pepper, carrots, beets... opt for bright colors rich in vitamins and minerals!
Share this video with your friends by clicking the social links above!