The season of summer road trips is upon us, so we decided to whip up three super food snacks that are perfect for an on-the-go adventure. No more stopping at gas stations and vending machines when you're hungry, these recipes will satisfy your hunger while giving you energy and real nutrients.
Here's how they're made:
- Wash and tear one large bunch of kale into bite sized pieces
- Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle Himalayan salt
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins (until golden)
Dark Chocolate Bark Thins:
- In a double boiler, melt 1-2 packages of dark chocolate chips
- Generously sprinkle with puffed quinoa
- Top with cinnamon
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours & roughly cut
- Over high-heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot
- Add 1/4 cup organic, non-GMO popcorn kernels
- Shake occasionally to help pop
- Melt 1/2 tbsp ghee in the microwave until melted (about 30 seconds)
- Pour half of the popcorn into a large bowl and drizzle 1/2 of the ghee, sprinkle sea salt, nutritional yeast, and repeat
Share these recipes with your friends by clicking the social links above!