We all know that smoothies are a great, simple way to incorporate lots of greens, protein and overall nutrition to our diets. In the past year, you have probably heard of the buzzword #superfood floating around social media and the supermarkets, for good reason. These ‘super’ ingredients, are nutritional powerhouses with an abundace of antioxidants and cancer-fighting properties. There are tons to choose from, but some are better than others in regards to a morning smoothie. We rounded up our top 11, check them out:
- Chia Seeds: High in fiber & healthy fats
- Coconut Oil: Lowers cholesterol & adds creamier texture to smoothies
- Acai: High in anti-oxidants and low-caloric berry
- Aloe Vera: Reduces inflammation & great for skin
- Cacao: Improves brain function & mood enhancer
- Goji Berries: Improves immune system & has anti-aging benefits
- Hemp Seeds: High plant-based protein & increases metabolism
- Bee Pollen: Can assist in allergies, asthma & good source of protein
- Maca: Increases stamina & libido
- Spirulina: Helps detox from heavy metals
- Flaxseed: High in omega-3 fatty acids, great for skin & hair health!
Share these tips with your friends by clicking the social links above!