Lice are a common problem, particularly among school-age children. If not caught and treated quickly, they can become a vicious cycle. Treating clothing, bedding and toys is essential to breaking this cycle.
Lice are parasites that can be found on people's heads and bodies, including the pubic area. They survive by feeding on human blood.
Live lice can be killed fairly easily; however, the nits (lice eggs) are difficult. They do not survive hot, dry environments, which makes a dryer the best bet for soft toys and bedding.
A blow dryer does not get hot enough to kill lice and nits. Bagging and storing items takes up to 30 days, which is not practical for most people. Using the clothes dryer allows you to treat many items in much less time and with much greater efficiency.
Related LeafTv Articles
Lice and nits on bedding and soft toys can be killed by running the items through a clothes dryer at 140 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. This needs to be done to prevent a reinfestation when the nits hatch.
There is really no way to prevent lice, so being prepared to treat them is the only option.