"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
-Benjamin Franklin Working out in the morning is beneficial for so many reasons, namely: sustainable energy, improved mood, lessens anxiety, feeling of accomplishment, the list goes on! There are always reasons to procrastinate working out, Before work: "I didn't get enough sleep!" / After work: "Today was stressful I'm exhausted"... But the thing is, working out can begin to alleviate both of those issues, stress and exhaustion. Here, we're giving you 7 fool-proof tips to help you start working out first thing in the morning. If you never thought you were an early riser, things are about to change!
- Set your coffee machine to start brewing at the time you want wake up! You can even set certain ones (like this) for just hot water if you're a tea person. Knowing that you have something to help you wake up at 5:30 really lends some motivation.
- Set your alarm clock ring to the tune of your favorite song. Maybe not 'Turn Down for What' when you first open your eyes, but anything that's going to get you in a good, energized mood.
- Sleep in your workout clothes! Or at the very least, have them waiting for you in an easy place with your gym bag packed!
- Grab a friend and hold each other accountable for the 6 AM Soulcycle you're about to crush.
- Make your breakfast the night before. Breakfasts like chia pudding (or any of these recipes) eliminate the extra step of getting breakfast ready, so you can save up to 30 minutes and get your stretch on.
- Pick a gym or class that's either close to your house or close to your work - that way you can't complain about the traffic! If you're the kind of person that works out at home, have your station ready with videos on your computer NOT your phone (where texts and distractions come in).
- Get to bed EARLY! This is a biggie. There's no use in working out on no sleep, you won't feel your strongest and will be prone to injury. Make sure you're getting no less than 7 hours of sleep!
Share these tips with your friends by clicking the social links above!